Happy Friday to you all! Do you have any fun plans this weekend? We just have Gymboree then my parents are coming to hang out on Saturday and that’s about it for us. I hope you all enjoy some of my favorites from the week…
Totally loving the color on the left and Kate Beckinsale (right), besides being BEAUTIFUL, she’s got great hair. I miss my long hair.
I will be making one for future parties…so much fun!!
Love this color combo
I need this bathing suit this summer!
My Healthy Chicken Salad, it’s AMAZEBALLS!!
Ireland, it’s on the bucket list for sure…
That’s it for this girl so I hope you all have an amazing weekend!! Cheers!!
It’s time for another addition of Thankful Thursday. Hope you all are having an amazing week and have some exciting plans for the weekend. I am looking forward to the new month and some monthly challenges I have planned for myself. Here are some things I am thankful for lately…
1. Keely – again, she’s number one as she’s just the BEST. It’s amazing how I could be having a not so good day but when I see her, it totally changes. It’s been pretty crappy out this week but I am hoping the weekend and next week is much nicer so that we can get outside for walks & playtime. I’ve been trying to put up some videos of her on the ‘ol blog but YouTube is giving me a hard time. I have some funny ones of her. She’s a HOOT & my everything!!
Keely with the whole gang
2. Family – seriously, what would I do without them. I know a lot of people say they have a great family but I know my family is the greatest!! We have our annual White Sox family game on June 8th and I couldn’t be more excited for it.
3. Work – I am so thankful I have a job and can provide for my family. I get so annoyed with people on social media networks complaining about their job or having a countdown till their last day (teachers), I say, be thankful you actually have a job as there are a lot of people who don’t have jobs and can’t put food on the table for their family.
4. Exercise – It’s my therapy and I do it not to be skinny but to be healthy
5. Shopping – It’s my second therapy, you always need a little retail therapy
6. Water – These days I feel like I haven’t been able to get enough water and am thankful for running water (to drink, bathe, play outside in, etc)
7. YOU – thank you all so much for reading my blog throughout the week!!
Quote of the Day (as there aren’t enough all ready)
Now it’s your turn…what is one thing you are thankful for today?
Hello, Wednesday! Here’s to another addition of WIAW and WIWT. I hope you all are enjoying my outfits that I have been wearing. I would love to start doing a fashion post once a week but I think I need to be more confident in my style and fashion knowledge. Anyways, here is what my “plates” looked like on Tuesday…
Breakfast – Green Smoothie
Mid-Morning Snack – Sliced Apples & Cheddar Cheese (not pictured..FAIL)
Lunch – Healthy Chicken Salad (EPIC), Crackers with Avocado, & Watermelon
Dinner – BBQ Chicken Quesadilla plus chips & guac. (recycled picture)
Outfit of the Day (Tuesday)
Black Pencil Skirt – Forever21, Denim Shirt – Old Navy, Shoes – DSW
Quote of the Day
What was your favorite meal of the day?
Hi Everyone!! Did you all enjoy your long weekend? I know we did over here. We had a pretty busy & fun weekend – Target, zoo & park on Friday, family party on Saturday, cleaning, baking & shopping on Sunday. Here are some pictures from our weekend…
I have a question for you…do you like to challenge yourself and see if you can succeed? I know I do and I usually always try to find a way to challenge myself. I think I am going to start making monthly challenges and see how well I do at them.
For the month of June, my challenge is to only shop for groceries at either Trader Joe’s or Whole Foods. I will go on June 1st to Costco and get the following for the month: Chicken & Ground Meat, toilet paper & paper towel then give myself a weekly budget between $100-$120. I tend to splurge a little too much when I shop at places like Target & Wal-Mart. Now that Keely’s eating is better, I don’t have to worry about getting her things that only Target or Wal-Mart have plus she loves stuff from TJ.
Now don’t get my wrong, I’ll still shop at Target but it will be for things like cosmetics, clothing, cat food/litter, etc. but no more groceries from there. I honestly don’t know why I can’t just go off my list when I shop there but it never happens so it’s best for me to start grocery shopping at places I know I will use my list. I stopped in Whole Foods on Sunday to pick up a few things and just love that place. Yes, its more expensive then Trader Joe’s but they do have more of a selection then Trader Joe’s.
I am also thinking of maybe taking out $100-$120 from the bank every week so that I can make sure to stay on budget. I think this will be a hard but great challenge for me this coming month plus all that money that I usually spend a week at Target (my grocery bills have been WAY over $200 a week lately – insane), I can put into savings or set it aside for a little day trip with Keely. I will keep you updated throughout the month of June. If you have any suggestions or help for me on ways to save a little grocery money, please send them my way. Wish me luck!!
Quote of the Day
What challenge are you going to do in June?
Let’s take some time today to remember our heroes…
Happy Friday Everyone!! I can’t believe it’s Friday already, this week has gone by so fast. Things are crazy busy at work now with our national conference coming up in July but it’s always good to be busy. Anyways, onto the facts of Friday…
1. Keely and I will be doing our weekly grocery shopping (Target today & TJs Saturday morning)
2. I might take Keely to the free “zoo” in our area after her nap & lunch
3. My Aunt & Uncle are having a little Memorial Day get together tomorrow and I can’t wait to hang with my family
4. I am planning to make a white wine Sangria (any recipe suggestions)
5. I am planning a Saturday morning jog as my jog on Sunday went fabulous
6. I am in need of some new summer dresses (SHOPPING – ASAP)
7. I have started on my blog this week “Quote of the Day” at the end of every post. Who doesn’t love quotes? 🙂
8. I have been on a crazy black bean burger & chocolate almond butter kick (no, not together and NO, I’m not pregnant)
9. I am contemplating rather or not to go back to the gym twice a week to do weights. I would probably go on Mondays & Fridays but right now I am pretty happy working out at home.
10. Lastly, Keely and I wish you an amazing weekend!! Cheers!!
Quote of the Day
Hey everyone! Are you gearing up for the weekend? I have a family party on Saturday and CANNOT wait to hang with the fam!! Anyways, I wanted to show you my workouts for the week but before we begin, I can’t help but post this super cute picture of K…
Sunday: 3-mile Jog (first outside jog of the season) & abs
Monday: 10 minutes of cardio & leg workout
- Lunge Matrix to warm-up (twice)
- Squats & Single Leg Deadlifts (3x)
- Walking Lunges & Side Shuttles (3x)
- Wall Sit & Hamstring Curls (3x)
- Jump Squats & Jump Lunges (2x)
Finished it off with some abs (plank it, baby!)
Tuesday: Cardio – 40 minute treadmill intervals
Wednesday: 5 minute warm-up, total body, 5 minute cool down
- Plie Squats – Hamstring Curls – Walking Lunges (3x)
- 1 minute treadmill walk in between sets (4.0)
- Shoulder Raises – Lateral Raises – Rows (3x)
- 1 minute treadmill walk in between sets (4.2)
- Bicep Curls – Push Ups – Tricep Dips (3x)
- 1 minute treadmill walk in between sets (4.5)
Finished it off with some abs (planks again)
Thursday: Cardio (45 minute jog/walk)
Friday: Yoga (30 minutes)
Saturday: Either rest day or light cardio day (maybe another jog outside)
Because it’s only Thursday, I might do some arms & chest on Friday but right now thinking yoga is needed. I hope you all are having some great workouts this week. Cheers!
Quote of the Day
What is your favorite workout of the week, so far?