Hi World. Sorry I have been super MIA but things have been rather busy over here and I haven’t had much time to blog. Here’s what’s been going on in the Chi!
1. Keely is no longer going to school. I have decided to go part-time with Core-Apps so that I can spend more time with Keely until she actually has to go to school next Fall.
2. I’ve been spending some time looking at preschools for Keely and starting next week, we’ll be touring two that we really like for her.
3. I was sad to have her leave her “school” but know it was a good decision. My work hours were reaching almost 10 hours a day and I felt horrible about it.
4. We have joined My Gym again which is always a fun time and are part of a few play groups too.
5. Potty training has officially started and we only do diapers at naptime & bedtime. I don’t think she is ready yet to wake herself up to go during bedtime.
6. Yesterday, she did wake up during her nap to tell me she had to go potty, so she went potty then went back to bed.
7. Naptime – I think I am going to start waking her up after she’s slept for 1:45 or 2:00. She’s been napping for almost 3 hours everyday and wakes up a little cranky. Suggestions?
8. Work is going a lot better. I am less stressed now that I am only working part-time with both jobs. It’s nice to know that 4-5 hours a day is all that’s needed.
9. Is it just me or does everyone else want to just jump right to the Christmas season?!?! Maybe it’s me but I am totally excited about Christmas this year. I think it has to do with the fact that we are in the city and Christmas will be beautiful in the city.
10. Well that’s it for me (got work to do) but I’ll try and keep this as updated as possible. Thanks for your patience!! XOXO
Welcome to another Friday which means another WEEKEND!! I have to say this week has gone rather fast but also rather slow. Do you have any fun plans this weekend? We have some fun thing planned plus some beautiful weather as well. Let’s get right to the five facts of Friday!!
1. Keely and I are going out to my parents today as she is staying over at Gama & Papa’s tonight & tomorrow so I am going to spend the day with them, oh and Hanker too.
2. Bobby and I are going to do a little dinner date as it’s been awhile and much-needed after Bob’s crazy busy work schedule this week and last week.
3. Can we just say how much I LOVE pattern mixing…
4. Sunday, my parents and Keely are taking the train out to the city and we are going to enjoy the day walking around. <3 #makingmemories
5. Love this quote
Happy Friday! Cheers! XOXO
Morning! I am going to make this post brief as I’ve got some things to get done but this month, I have started a few challenges…
1. Smoothie-A-Day Challenge – I use to be really good at having a smoothie every morning but lately (well, it’s been a while), I’ve been slacking. The month of September, I’ve decided to do a Smoothie-A-Day challenge which to me means either a smoothie for breakfast or lunch. I forgot how much I love my green smoothies.
2. 100 miles by Halloween – I saw this actually on Instagram and decided to join the challenge. I feel that 100 miles by Halloween isn’t a lot but I think that’s why I like it. It’s making you get up and get your miles in but it isn’t making you feel bad if you are completely lazy one day. I also just found yesterday the 150 miles by Halloween so I might try for it as well. #100byhalloween #150byhalloween
3. Putting-My-Phone-Down Challenge – It’s my own challenge that I am “still” trying to work on as it was a goal of mine earlier this year. Since I work from home, sometimes it’s hard to actually “leave” work at a specific time. Keely is now home with me three days a week (Mon-Wed-Fri) so I’ve been working on putting my phone down throughout the day and spending as much time with her as possible. I am trying to not even answer text messages or phone calls if I don’t need too while she is awake. During the morning hours (when she’s still sleeping), naptime or bedtime, I’ll “play” on my phone but other than that just really trying to put it down. If you text or call me and I don’t answer, it’s just because I put my phone DOWN!! :)
Now that I shared my three challenges for the month, have you started a new challenge this month or looking to start one next month? SHARE!
Quote of the Day
Hey, Loves! Hope you all had a fabulous weekend. We had a nice and relaxing but FUN weekend. Bob worked all weekend but it was fine because we still did some fun things with Keely while he was home. Friday, K and I pretty much just hung out a home and play a WHOLE lot. Saturday, we did some grocery shopping then came home for lunch and naptime. Afterwards, we went for a lovely walk with Hanker. Bob worked late on Saturday night which meant once the munchkin was in bed, I got to watch WHATEVER I wanted too and it was EPIC. Sunday, Keely and I went to our favorite Target for some more fall decorations some adorable boots from her. After lunch and her nap, Bob got home and we went to the Zoo which is always a good time. Keely and I are actually going on a Playdate to the Zoo this coming Friday so Zoo two days in one week seems pretty amazing!! Anyways, I am linking up with Katie @ Healthy Diva Life for another addition of MIMM….enjoy!
Pumpkin Beer & Pumpkin Candle accompanied with multiple episodes of SATC <3
Our favorite place!!
An awesome quote!! #selflove14
Two Halloween crafts that Keely and I will be making! Adorable!
I will be printing this out so that we can check each one-off.
Have an amazing week and see you tomorrow for some challenges that I’ve taken up this month. Cheers!! xoxo
HAPPY FRIDAY!! Has everyone had a good week? I feel like these weeks are just flying by but it’s okay with me because I LOVE fall and all the holidays that are approaching. Anyways, I am linking up to Heather @ Housewife Glamour for another addition of Friday Favorites.
Could we live in a prettier city?!?! I think NOT!! I <3 Chicago!!
Favorite Dinner Date
We had dinner at Hamburger Mary’s in Andersonville and we were a “huge” fan of Mary and her burgers!!
I think it’s just about that time again for a little cut of the ‘ol hair. Love this length.
Favorite Fall Outfit
Love everything about this outfit and feel this will be my “go-to” outfit for the fall and winter months.
All I want in life is for Keely to be Happy (& of course, healthy). :)
Have an amazing Friday & weekend. Cheers! xoxo
Happy Monday. Hope everyone had a great weekend. It was a lovely weekend over here and I am so ready for the week and fall weather that’s headed our way. Today I am linking up to Katie @ Healthy Diva Life for another addition of MIMM. Let’s get to it…
A beautiful view & beautiful day/night!!
She cracks me up…jersey, tutu and skateboard.
UMM…YUM!! Found my new favorite Pumpkin Beer.
Perfect quote for a new week…
Enjoy your day! Cheers! xoxo
Hello, World. It’s been awhile and I am not going to get into the deets as to why I have been MIA because I really want to share some products/brands I am totally loving lately…
I have been a huge fan of Pureology but really wanted to try something different so while I was at Ulta I talked to an associate and mentioned I wanted to try something new, he directed me to Joico. He mentioned that it’s Sulfate free which is very important to me since I do color my hair. So far I am enjoying it. I use the color shampoo and moisturizer conditioner.
As you can see from pictures that I post, I straightening my hair and quite a bit too. Katie who does my hair said to get Aquage and use it while I am straightening me hair…it’s AMAZING!!
The Greek Stuff
I am a huge lover of Greek Yogurt and up till now use to eat Chobani (which sometimes I still do) but lately it’s been this stuff…
It’s like heaven in a bowl (I have the coconut/chocolate one now and it’s delish)
Skin So Soft
Need I say more?!?!
Let’s Wear It
I have been loving Graphic Tees and think I would be perfectly happy with a closet full of them.
Well that’s it for now but tell me something you are loving lately!! Cheers! XOXO