Happy Friday Everyone! Did you all have a good week? I know things are busy over here as to why I didn’t post yesterday. I find it very hard right now with posting everyday. I know every blogger goes through it but just trying to get my “work-at-home” schedule down plus going into the office one or two times a week for a few hours is throwing me off a little as well. I promise next week will be a lot better. Anyways, let’s get to our five facts of Friday…
1. I am having Miss Erica (& sister, Dana) over tonight for some pizza, wine & Christmas movie action. We are planning to watch Christmas vacation and Love Actually, I cannot wait!!
2. Tomorrow we are going to an 8th birthday party for my cousin Matthew. I cannot believe he is 8 already…where has the time gone. Picture of Keely and Matthew at the Pumpkin Patch this year. She loves him!!
3. On Sunday we are going to the free zoo to go visit Santa. We’ve haven’t seen Santa here before so not really sure what to expect but I am guessing it’s going to be fun.
4. I have officially finished Christmas shopping for Bobby, Keely, and my parents. Now I just need to get some small stuff for the family & do my white elephant gift.
5. So I have been listening to Christmas music around the clock but yesterday was on the Christina Perri Pandora station and In My Arms by Plumb came on and it’s very good, take a listen…
I hope you all have a wonderful weekend. Cheers!! XOXO
Quote of the Day
It’s HUMP DAY!! YAY for being halfway through the week…one more day closer to Christmas. Yes, I am kind of rushing the day but totally excited for Keely to open up her presents this year. I am almost done, just need to get a few more things, thank the lord!! So I have to admit, I’ve been really bad about taking pictures of my plates for What I Ate Wednesday, so here’s how it’s going to go…the pictures below are totally recycled but hey, at least there are pictures!! This is what I ate on Monday! Enjoy!
Breakfast – Spinach Scrambled Eggs, Raisin Bread with Almond Butter, Fruit & Green Tea
Lunch – Cottage Cheese with Fruit, KindBar & Apples (I was in the office so it’s lacking some veggies, sorry!)
Dinner – Chicken Sandwich & Fries plus a glass of wine (hey, it was a “Monday”)
Dessert – Hershey Kiss & TJ’s Peppermint Tea (unpictured)
Now it’s your turn…Anything “new” on your plates? I am still loving my gluten free raisin bread and need to stock up on it this weekend.
I hope you all have a fabulous Wednesday and be sure to check out Peas and Crayons for some more yummy plates! Cheers! XOXO
Quote of the Day
Happy Tuesday ya’ll! Have you started watching any Christmas movies yet? I haven’t and I’m thinking that needs to change very soon. I actually have a “friend date” on Friday with Miss Erica to drink some wine, eat some pizza and watch Christmas Vacation and Love Actually, two very good Christmas movies. When thinking about Christmas movies, I have probably my top six that I MUST watch every year and here they are…
1. Christmas Vacation – by far my favorite Christmas movie. Chevy Chase is hilarious in it and totally reminds me of something that would happen in my family.
2. Home Alone – I remember watching this movie when I was younger and every year, it just keeps getting better and better. Who doesn’t love the young Kevin?!?!
3. Elf – this movie is so funny!!
4. Christmas Story – well of course you need a little Christmas story in your life plus add in The Santa Claus
5. Love Actually – it’s a great love/Christmas story
6. It’s A Wonderful Life – I remember watching this movie with my Dad & Grandpa every year. It’s a classic movie right there with White Christmas
Okay, maybe I need to watch EVERY classic Christmas movie, every year…hey, TIS THE SEASON!! Now, it’s your turn…what’s your all-time favorite Christmas movie? Cheers! XOXO
Quote of the Day
Happy Monday & MIMM Everyone! Can you believe that it’s the first Monday in December…wow, this year has just flying by. I hope you all had a marvelous weekend like myself!! There is nothing better then spending the day at the zoo with the family then going out for pizza. I love our city so much and can’t wait to move into the city. Anyways, here are some pictures from my marvelous Saturday…
FAMILY FUN DAYS!! They are the best EVER!
I hope you all have a wonderful Monday! Remember to check out Katie over at Healthy Diva Eats for some more marvelousness!! Cheers! XOXO
Quote of the Day
Happy Black Friday Everyone!! Did you all have an amazing Thanksgiving? I know mine was VERY nice. Driving home from my parents last night, we saw a ton of stores with lines waiting to get in for the “deals”. I get that everyone likes a deal but waiting in line in the cold just isn’t my cup of tea, especially on Thanksgiving night. Are any of you doing Black Friday shopping? I might go out after Bob gets home from work but right now, a lot of my shopping will be done through Amazon. Well let’s get to a little recap from our Thanksgiving this year through pictures then we will get onto the favorites of Friday…
She’s just too-too funny!! Love her to the Moon and back!!
Pants – check, boots – check, scarf – check, watch – check, sweater – NEED!
Favorite “AB” Workout
I love when an empty almond or cookie butter jar happens which means: oats in a jar!! YUM!
Well I hope you all have a fabulous Friday and don’t forget to head of to Heather’s Blog for some more Friday Favorites. Cheers! XOXO
Over here at The Sweet Spot, we are wishing you and family a very Happy Thanksgiving. Put down the phones, turn off the TV (except for football…lol) and spend time with the people that matter the most in life. We should give thanks for what we are given everyday of the year because you don’t know when you won’t have it anymore. Give Thanks & Spread The Love!! Cheers! XOXO
Pets!! Just because our dogs or cats don’t talk doesn’t mean they aren’t part of the family. I have always grown up with animals around me. My parent’s dog Linus is probably Keely’s bestest friend. She will “call” Linus throughout the day even though he lives with my parents and it’s the cutest thing. I am sad that we had to giveaway our two cats but they didn’t take to Keely very well and you could tell they were unhappy.
Now, onto a happy note…I recently started doing some marketing/social media for a company called, Plainfield Pet Supply Outlet and now that the holidays are around corner, I am just making sure that people remember their furry family!! Don’t forget that “Santa Dog/Cat” will be making a visit to your house on Christmas Eve as well. What canine or feline wouldn’t love a new toy or treat on Christmas Day?!?! Anyways, check out the site as they got some awesome products.
I am also very excited because we will be hosting a Blood Drive on Saturday, December 28th from 9am-1pm and we will have a rescue group here as well. If you live in the Chicagoland area (near Plainfield), please stop by to donate blood to help save lives and check out some adorable dogs & cats that will be up for adoption. Who knows, I might even go home with a puppers…ha-ha!
Well have a great Tuesday!! Cheers! XOXO
Quote of the Day